Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Nine Candles And A Heron

Happy July, everyone! I have several more versions of this card planned - at least 5 cousins-once-removed were born nine years ago this Fall! So, the Splitcoaststampers sketch challenge was perfect for their cards. This week's Clean-And Simple challenge was to "make it sparkle", so I stamped the candles on glittered cardstock and punched out the circles. My PC-created checked paper is the background.

Walking around Lake H last Sunday with C, I spotted this heron high in a tree. Pulling out my trusty Canon, I zoomed in and captured his picture. If I had a log of animals seen at the lake, it would include a deer, an eagle and a loon, not to mention the wild turkey a few blocks away.

5 comments:

Holly said...

What a great way to really pump up a simple single image!

Vicki said...

Cute cute card! Love the colors! Great pic of the heron, too! Blessings to you!

Lynn said...

Absolutely perfect for a nine-year-old's birthday!! Love the bright colors and sparkle!!

tmcc4 said...

O so glittery! Pretty colors!!! TFS!
Mandy

Michelle said...

i love this sketch... your card is wonderful..TFS!