Sunday, July 05, 2009

Patriotic Picnic

I hope you are continuing to enjoy this holiday weekend. I heard, but didn't see, huge fireworks from every direction last night while my cats hid in the basement.

Yesterday's Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoaststampers was a poster website. I did a search for a picnic poster because I have some picnic invitations to make. I was lucky enough to find one with ANTS on it so I could use my Fiskars ant punch. I scalloped the striped paper with a Martha Stewart edge punch and made the custom "picnic" label with the top of a tag punch on each end. My word stamps are limited, so I PC-printed the caption onto metallic cardstock, then embossed in black to prevent smearing. Metallic c/s doesn't take printer ink very well, so embossing also makes it much bolder. The fruit stamps are by Anna Griffin - I watercolor-penciled around them after I stamped on white c/s.


See my inspiration here.

5 comments:

BonnieRose said...

beautiful!

Dana Hatch said...

Cute! Love the ants on the picnic card.

Lisa said...

This is so fun. What interesting and lovely fruit stamps. Only you would actually have an ant punch ~ I didn't know they had things like that! Yummy, summery card.

Michelle said...

love the fruit images .. this card is terriff! TFS!

Cr8ive ME said...

adorable card.

M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS