Monday, August 03, 2009

Happy 40th!!

I sent this card to my "cousin-in-law", JM, who turned 40 on Sunday. Hope you had a great day, JM! The card was made with no stamps - just patterned paper and plain cardstock, with a PC-printed word. I roughed up some edges and sanded in places, punched the cake out of glitter c/s, and attached to a pre-made tag. The poem inside is an original by me!


On this, your 40th birthday,
If you should happen to hear:
“Over-the-hill” or “past his prime”,
Remember, JM, dear:

It’s not the number of candles
Upon your birthday cake
That predicts the path or direction
The rest of your life will take.

That depends on what you do
With the wisdom you have gained
And how your many experiences help
Your dreams to be attained.

So relax and enjoy your birthday,
Have your cake and ice cream too,
Blow out those candles and make a wish:
I’ll be thinking of you.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You're a great cousin!
What a happy and meaningful card!