Tuesday, September 01, 2009

A Toast To September!

After my walk around the lake on Sunday, I managed to make a couple cards with the Cosmo Cricket paper pack I won. The chipboard pieces are so much fun to use, and they are self-adhesive - a fact I found out after trying to use double-sided tape and then glue and neither one stuck - I was trying to use adhesives on the slippery peel-off backing! You learn something new every day - if you're lucky :)
I plan to make many different style of cards from the same kit. This one is Clean-And-Simple (CAS). The toast and toaster are popped up with foam tape. I added 2 little pieces of wire for "flying" effect. The banner with border came that way - all I did was cut it out. I printed the sentiment on my PC. It's a simple procedure:
1) type words and select font to match the style of the card
2) print on lightweight plain paper, then place over cardstock or paper to be printed to check size and alignment - repeat this step until you like how it looks
3) use double-sided tape to attach the good paper over the test paper so that the print will be aligned as desired, then send the 2 pieces through the printer. Works 99% of the time - and you get endless custom sentiments in any style or size desired!

Here's a sneak peek of the next card.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Fabulous card! I really like the bread and toaster. Great idea!

~ HLL

Great inspiration! The toaster and toast are really adorable. You make card-making seem so easy!

~ SJL

cheryl (clee') said...

Thanks for the comments, cousins! Glad you liked the card :)