Monday, November 30, 2009

Gasthaus Bavarian Hunter

I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Before December arrives, I have a few more photos of November events to share.
The day after the Northstar Commuter Train opening, the family and I drove out to Gasthaus Bavarian Hunter, a German restaurant in Stillwater.

The food was delicious (and plentiful - we had the buffet),
the decor was warm and inviting,



(and whimsical - check out the dangling-man light fixture),

and the tableside music was great! My brother, C, took accordian lessons as a child, so it's a nostalgic instrument to me.

It was surprising that no one could remember ever having visited Gasthaus before, since we are part German, but I'm sure we'll be back.
The restaurant is an easy drive from the Twin Cities and still surrounded by enough countryside to make it a relaxing summer or fall destination.



No comments: