Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Fast and Old

My card production has been low lately, but I made my first "slider" card for my brother David's birthday last month. I took a photograph of his 1936 Ford (a car he completely rebuilt from the chassis on up), cut it out and mounted it on a sandwich of pennies and foam mounting tape. The pennies for weight and the foam tape spacers slide along the slot in the card front; the card front is also raised a bit from the base for a smooth "slide". The "fast" was printed on my PC and the "old" was punched from a gift bag that was covered in a typewriter-key pattern.


It was fun to make and give - and David liked it too!

1 comment:

Liz said...

This is super fun. What a cute idea. And thank you so much for your prayers yesterday, God bless you!
Hugs,
Liz