Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentine's Day Cards And Treats

I hope everyone had a sweet Valentine's Day! My weekend was pleasantly busy with a birthday party and the play, "The Light In The Piazza" at the Bloomington Theater, so I'm just getting around to posting this now. After two years of fairly fussy designs, I decided to go "clean-and-simple" with my cards this year. I made 34 of these for my co-workers, in addition to those for family and friends. I used a small heart punch on the red strip of cardstock, a larger scalloped heart punch for the popped up heart, and printed the sentiment from my PC.

Then to ease myself back into the work week, I discovered a new downtown shop that had opened the Thursday before Valentine's Day. It's called Cocoa & Fig, it's in the south wing of Gaviidae at 6th and Nicollet, and they sell cupcakes, coffee, granola and other confections. I couldn't resist trying this black velvet cupcake with cream cheese icing and the cake pop, which is their own invention - an iced mini cupcake on a stick. Seconds after I took these photos, both treats were history! You must check out their website and view the "mouth-watering" slide shows of all they offer - catering delivered or ready for pick-up, wedding cakes and more.

2 comments:

C&F said...

We are glad you enjoyed our sweets!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Yeah for clean and simple! Great Valentine design.