Saturday, February 27, 2010

Winter Olympics Card Challenge


Splitcoaststampers is holding another Virtual Stamp Night this weekend, and I haven't participated in a long time. I created this card for the first challenge - it's based on a sketch that's based on the Inukshuk, the symbol for the 2010 Winter Olympics. An inukshuk is a stone landmark or cairn that people make as a marker or point of navigation. Mom and I saw small piles of rocks in Iceland that were probably inukshuks...and I've seen the same thing closer to home that were the same form, but probably just for fun.


I used the leftover embossing powder from a previous project. It's a mixture of gold, silver and copper - almost Olympic medal colors!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What a lot of embossing -- what a work of art! I forgot this weekend was VSN - hope it was fun!