Sunday, March 28, 2010

Home Sweet Home

My last few cards were inspired by junk mail, but this card uses the junk mail itself. The inspiration came from a sketch challenge over at The Paper Craft Connection. I cut the daisy from an ad printed on cardstock weight - it was already set in a corner of the ad, so I left it that way. The size of the flower dictated this larger card size - 6.5 x 5 ". I added red glitter glue to the center and matted it on blue cardstock. The edges and corners of both the blue c/s and the white mat under it were shaped with punches.
The beautiful blue base paper is handmade (from my stash). "Home" is a sticker layered over lighter blue cardstock, with a red heart bead adhered to the "O". Inside, the rest of the sticker reads "Sweet Home". Hopefully, cousins P and A will be too busy moving into their new house to see this card before I mail it to them.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Okay, we won't tell P and A about the lovely card that was made for them :)

cheryl (clee') said...

Thanks! Now that they are in a neighboring neighborhood, I will just walk it over to them on one of those nice days we are expecting.