Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesdays Around Town - Old Colony

I've decided to add a new feature to my blog - theme days. Tuesdays will be my day to post photos I've taken around my neigborhood, work neighborhood and the 'burbs.

Today's photo was taken near Washington and Broadway in Minneapolis - its the Old Colony gas station and convenience store. If you like kitsch, the beehive outside is a great landmark. I discovered this place a few weeks after starting my now year-long temp job. I usually bring a lunch, but when I don't, this is one of the few places I can reach by foot in 10 minutes or less.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I have never seen this adorable beehive! Maybe the newspaper could use someone like you for an eye for unique things around the city!! You've done that several times on your blog and I think it's neat! :)

cheryl (clee') said...

Thanks, LL - maybe I will go check out the Strib website and see if they have a place to send photos :)