Monday, April 19, 2010

Tulip Weekend - Life Imitates Art

After using a version of this sketch and some bold-colored junk mail to design a card a couple weeks ago, I was excited about finding other suitable graphics to "upcycle". I clipped the yellow woven print from a magazine page and the compass from a poster. The red background with gold flecks is handmade paper. I covered a chipboard button with the same red paper, aged it with a black ink pad and threaded some gold cord through the holes.

A fish charm and sentiment sticker were the final touches. My friend, JR, will be receiving this card for her birthday tomorrow. She likes Asian-themed items and I alway have fun designing her cards.

My walks this weekend took me past the most beautiful tulips! I had already chosen these colors for my card, so: life imitates art sometimes.
The tulips below seemed to be glowing. I wasn't sure the camera could capture that, but I think you can see some of the effect - there's a magenta shade on the outside of the red-orange petals. Gorgeous! (Click on the photo to enlarge it - it's worth it!)


No comments: