Wednesday, June 16, 2010

All That Glitters

Next week a certain nephew will be 23 on the 23rd - his "golden birthday". So, I made him an all-gold card. It wasn't hard to make the card, but it was a bit difficult to photograph it!
Hopefully, the different angles give you the full picture. I used as many different gold papers as I had. Most of them came from the insides of envelopes. The very bottom paper is gift wrap. The moon is vellum that, when adhered to the gold textured cardstock, took on a nice moon-like appearance.

The tree foliage started out as a simple shape punched from yellow glitter cardstock. It seemed a bit too bright and not enough gold, so I colored over it with a gold metallic marker and punched some mini holes in it. The sentiment is "all that glitters is not gold"... The inside says "except your golden birthday". Think he'll like it?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card!

Regina (TheStampin'Bean) said...

Hey Cheryl! Your card is lovely. I love that little frog and the dimension is fab. Thanks, by the way, for voting for me...you made my day! Take care!