Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy 20th Anniversary, L and J!

Cancelled stamps make great ephemera for use on cards, but what about the leftover 40-stamp booklet cover? I couldn't resist making this king-and-queen-of-hearts booklet into a card for my cousin L and her husband, who have been married 20 years today! The red mat is another advertising freebie that I corner-punched with hearts (of course). Then, I used a decorative edge punch on the base of the card and layered a bit of blue and orange underneath.

I think I'll take a closer look at all my stamp booklets from now on. Their variety make them a great starting point for many different styles of cards and a fun challenge to find and use coordinating punches.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

It's an EXQUISITE card IRL, Clee, and made more wonderful by the amazing verse you found for the inside. Resourceful, creative, thoughtful....

cheryl (clee') said...

Glad you liked it, Lisa :)

Regina (TheStampin'Bean) said...

What a wonderful, clever, and unique idea! Your cousin will love this, and I will need to keep my cancelled stamps. Thank you so much, by the way, for leaving such wonderful comments on my blog. I really appreciate it! I hope you visit again soon.