Sunday, August 08, 2010

Butterfly Birthday

We celebrated 3 family birthdays this weekend and I managed to finish these cards despite the building heat. For Aunt C, who gave me the caterpiller that turned into a butterfly, I made this birthday card using a chipboard butterfly I'd picked up at an Archiver's make-and-take weekend. My first attempt at decorating the chipboard with paint and metal-stamped debossing was not very successful, but I like how the designer paper covered up the "mistakes". I even used a gold paint pen to highlight some of the debossed designs. The same gold pen was used on the butterfly edges and to turn the silver metal embellishment to gold.

The blue "sky" and the white mat were shaped with a corner punch and an edge punch. I added the two small punched butterflies because something more was needed in that space, but I tried to keep it "clean and simple".

Cousin L received this card made with one of my clipped magazine images (the flower) adhered over some thin chipboard. The band of designer paper is edge punched and 2 small pieces of ribbon balance the PC-sentiment.

Mom was the 3rd birthday girl, and I gave her this card.

No comments: