Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cool At Last

70 is better than 90! That's my own personal fact! Here in Minneapolis, we've had over a week of temperatures in the upper 80s or low 90s with 80% humidity (at least according to my indoor hygrometer). Waking up to sun and breeze and 70 degrees was enough to make me feel alive again! I just came in from 2 hours of weeding in my backyard and didn't mind a bit. I even look forward to working out there again this evening when the shade returns.

In the meantime, I thought I'd finally post some simple invitations I mailed out a few weeks ago for our annual family picnic (Dad's side).
The green striped paper was chosen to mimic watermelon skin and coordinate with the other printed design. I used a circle cutter to slice post-card-sized circles out of the designer paper, then cut them in half to make 2 cards each. "Picnic" was printed from my PC, with a punched out dot for the "i".

1 comment:

Courtney K said...

These are so cute! Love how you used the green striped paper to look like a watermelon.

You should definitely alter a box!! I'd love to see what you come up with.