Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Uncharted Birthday

Splitcoaststampers had a mini Virtual Stamp Night last Friday and I started several cards for the challenges. This is the only one I had ready to upload by the deadline and I forgot! Now I realize it was due to "butterfly activity" (more on that in the next post). But this was also a card for a cousin-in-law who had a birthday Monday, so my goal of getting it into the mail by Saturday was a success.

The theme of the challenge was something from nature and I had the perfect tree image cut from a magazine page! I matted the image, stamped a few designs over it, and inked the edges of everything. My compass embellishment is actually cut from a poster, then layered over a punched cardboard circle. I used a metallic gold pen to gild the edges and used the same pen to turn the metal "birthday" tag from silver-edged to gold.


The inside reads: "Life is uncharted territory. It reveals its story one moment at a time", a quote by Leo F Buscaglia

No comments: