Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Underwater Beach Scene

I haven't spent much time at the beach this year, but I was inspired to make this card by a past "Tuesday Trigger" challenge at the Moxie Fab blog (see sidebar). Also, I just finished reading "Abduction" by Robin Cook, a suspenseful science fiction story set in and beneath the ocean.

All the images were punched from glittered or glossy gold-toned cardstock. I left a few on top of the patterned vellum, but most are sandwiched between the vellum on top and a "water" print paper underneath. Rather than matting the papers on top of the card, I cut a window and framed them. Look at the difference between the top and bottom photos. The light shining through the window in the card changes the appearance considerably. It looks like an underwater scene, don't you think?

The sentiment is a sticker. Some lucky family member will be receiving this soon.

No comments: