Sunday, January 09, 2011

2010 Card Wrap-Up

I'm hard at work on my first cards of the New Year, but before I post them, here are two cards I made in the last few months.  The M & M card was made for my work supervisor - from all of us on her "team".  I found the M&M ornament images online, printed one for each of us to sign and one for the front, and added some coordinating cardstock and a bit of ribbon: easy! 
The two views below are of a birthday card I made for my friend, AJ.  The crown was cut from metallic cardstock using my NEW Cricut die-cutting machine.  It was a gift from my brother, D, and this is the first card I made with it.  I'll post more on this later as I learn more about what I can do with it.  The crown, like all of the 50 other images and the entire alphabet, can be cut in multiple sizes, so it's very simple to mat a shape over a "shadow" of the shape. 

The sentiment was printed from my PC onto vellum, then oval-punched and edged with a gold metallic pen.  I added little jewels to the open spaces in the crown.  DCWV cardstock.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

What cute cards! I like those m&m cards. Looks like you are doing justice to your new Cricut!

cheryl (clee') said...

Thanks, Cuz!