Thursday, March 24, 2011

New Decade Birthday

Spring is here by calendar if not by weather:  13 F this morning and several inches of dense snow a couple days ago are proof enough of that.  But the sun was out when I left work today, and it was a warm sun, so hope is alive!

I made the card last month for a cousin who turned 50, then forgot to send it to him (he'll still be receiving it - family knows I procrastinate).  My favorite technique lately has been to re-use ads and magazine pages on my cards.  The chicken was cut from an ad, then adhered over a photo-print designer paper (sunset).  I stamped the curly shapes on orange and pink paper and layered them over the chicken where there was advertising I didn't want to show.  The sentiment was PC-generated and then cut out in the sun shape.  I used a glitter gel pen to highlight a few places. 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

What an exciting, colorful card!

cheryl (clee') said...

Thanks, Lisa - recognize the "unity" stamp you gave me? It was perfect for this project.