Sunday, May 01, 2011

Maybe In May

Maybe in May I will blog every day
Maybe in May I will send a card your way
Maybe in May I will ride my bike again
Maybe in May, it will neither snow nor rain.

Anything's possible!


In the meantime, here are a few cards made in April, but never posted here.  My friend JR had a birthday on the 20th.  If she'd been in town that day she would have been "blessed" with a couple inches of snow.  I guess she missed it.  Since she loves Asian-themed cards, I kept that in mind as I started this card for one of the Moxie-Fab challenges.  I didn't finish in time to enter it in the challenge, but it was a great starting point.
 

I trimmed the red image from an art-magazine page.  It is a photo of a Japanese lacquered box.  I layered it over a white cardstock circle and that over the blue card base on which I'd lightly stamped some Chinese characters.  The punched flowers are: a vellum layer, a cardstock layer and a glittered cardstock layer.  I traced over the Chinese characters with a bit of glitter gel pen and called it complete. 


The light snow layer was gone by noon.  It comes as no surprise that May's average snowfall is .1 inches.  This morning I had to close the windows that I'd left open all night; it was 34 degrees at 8 AM!


Next is an Easter card design that also started with the colors from a Moxie Fab challenge.  I had only one picket fence embellishment for the original, but used a Martha Stewart picket fence punch on the other cards - and I think they turned out just as nice.


The other design elements are the crimped green paper (striped green cardstock on the "copies"), and the faux-embossed rabbits:  shapes punched out of the same color as, and attached to the background paper.  The 3-color eggs are punched from DCWV glittered cardstock (Fiskars punch).



2 comments:

Lisa said...

I think that it's finally spring?
In the morning, the birds like to sing,
Mud cakes our shoes, we've paid our tax dues,
But in MN, that don't mean a thing...

Happy Sunshine today! I like your fresh, springy cards :)

cheryl (clee') said...

Thanks, Lisa - I like your poem!