Sunday, May 08, 2011

A Mother's Day Drive

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!  It was a nice day for a short drive out of town, so C and I took Mom to Red Wing with no particular schedule or plan in mind other than to find a casual restaurant to dine in. 
The St James Hotel, above, was not really one of our choices, but I couldn't walk by the famous inn without snapping a few photos.
Likewise, the old door on the next block caught my eye, especially since my co-workers seem to appreciate the collection of doors on postcards that I have hanging in my cubicle. 
The place we chose to eat is called Sarah's Restaurant.  It is very large and colorfully decorated and the menu includes Vietnamese, Italian and Swedish dishes. 


After leaving Red Wing, we headed south along the Wisconsin side of the Mississippi to the town of Stockholm, where we treated ourselves to ice cream cones just before the rain started.  But it was a light rain that stopped by the time we got back to the Cities.
The card I made for Mom was simple and bright...just paper-punched strips of flowers and a PC-printed sentiment.

No comments: