Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesdays Around Town - Soul Daddy at MOA

                                    
Tonight, Mom, C and I ate at the newest fast food restaurant at the Mall of America.  Fans of the reality show, America's Next Great Restaurant, will recognize it as winner Jamawn Woods' idea.  I heard opening day crowds ate everything in sight. 
                                    
Luckily for us, things have quieted down a bit, so we were able to find a table and enjoy our meal with jazz music playing in the background.  I had the vegetarian plate and chose 2 hot and 2 cold sides:  cheesy grits, black-eyed pea salad, sweet potato salad, and braised kale, with a corn bread waffle.  Yum!  I had plenty to take home for lunch tomorrow.  And I will no doubt be back to try some chicken and waffles - Mr Woods' original idea.

[Edit: unfortunately, Soul Daddy closed a few months after this post]

1 comment:

Cath said...

I'm glad you had such a great time, Cheryl. I've heard so many great things about the Mall of America, but I've never been there. Someday...