Sunday, June 19, 2011

Rainbow Bright Birthday Banner


                                    Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger


This Happy Birthday banner was another "happy accident" (I seem to have a lot of those lately).  I started out making a card for the Moxie Fab Rainbow Bright Tuesday Trigger challenge.  I had an idea about using the punched out balloons in all the colors of the threads in the photo, and I would attach them to the word "birthday" printed from my PC.  However, my printer ran out of ink, so I had to look for an alternate plan.  Luckily, I had these cute chipboard letters by K and Company.  They turned out to be a little large for a card...that's what led to the banner idea.  This is about 9" across. 
The balloon letters are punched from black paper and glued over the glittered cardstock by DCWV.  I used the spiral from a notebook for the hanger and attached it over either end of a length of balsa wood.  I found 2 wooden beads to cap the ends and used a pliers to squish the soft balsa just enough to fit inside the beads.  
I used actual thread for the balloon strings, but the chipboard letters coincidentally have a thread/sewing theme!  They would have been perfect for the "Sew Excited" challenge due tomorrow, but I have something else planned for that - I think :)

1 comment:

Cath said...

Hey Cheryl! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)