Sunday, June 05, 2011

Blue Apples And Sunflowers - Cards

                                 
It was a warm weekend, perfect for a stroll around the Edina Art Fair on Saturday and card-making in my breezy, cool house on Sunday.  The photo above was the Trigger Tuesday image at the Moxie Fab blog and the cards were due to be uploaded today.

Coincidentally, I had these beautiful magazine clippings that needed a good "home".  For the first card, I made a frame of grey metallic cardstock over blue patterned paper with paper-punched edges and corners.  Then, I cut out the apple and stem and used decoupage medium to adhere it to the frame.  I brushed more decoupage medium over the entire image and even the gray c/s; this gave more stability to the leaves hanging off the edge.  The grey and white patterned c/s is by DCWV, as is the grey metallic.
Looking through my stickers, I found the word "Paradise" that seemed perfect in font style and size to complement the image.  It wasn't until later that I realized HOW well it fit....Apple = Eden = Paradise!!  I added a little dragonfly sticker to balance the black. 

For the second card, I wanted to incorporate a bit of the pink in the flowers by the bedside, so I framed a little metal embellishment ("Wish") with some pink cardstock and hung it from a bit of embroidery thread, then inked the edges of this simple card.  The sunflower image was adhered over the card itself.

1 comment:

onecraftymama said...

These are both so pretty - but I may have to pick the sunflower as my favourite!