Monday, July 11, 2011

Border-Punched Medallion Card

One of my favorite EK Success border punches was used to make this card for the Moxie Fab Beautiful Borders Challenge.  We were to use border strips in an innovative way, and I've played around with this particular punch in the past to create a sort of medallion.
With  a little experimentation, many border punches could be used to make multi-sided embellishments.  I found that a square of just over 2.25 inches is needed for the edges of the border to match up, then it is quite simple to punch this 4-sided shape.  The patterned papers are by K and Company and the chipboard flowers are by Cosmo Cricket.  The sentiment is a sticker.  I added a little gold metallic pen and ribbon.


And here's the border punch.

PS - I missed the deadline to enter this one, so don't look for it in the line-up :)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love what you did with the punch! So clever and such a nice card too! Hey, thank you for stopping by my blog to say hi! Have a good one!

Meg said...

Oooh, what a clever way to use that punch! Going to see if that can work with any of mine!