Friday, July 08, 2011

Congrats Card x 2

The winners of Papercrafts Magazine 2011 Gallery Idol contest were announced this morning, and neither of my entries made it to the Top Twenty.  But I'm pretty happy with the way these turned out.  The "Clean And Simple" card above consists of the word cut on my Cricut, two layers of cardstock over the base (to achieve the pink frame), and store-bought confetti carefully selected and attached. 

The "magnifying glass" card came together as I'd imagined it.  I thought it would be fun to print the tiny "Congratulations and Good Luck" and one large "Congrats" that appears to be magnified - for that older reader, ha ha!  The magnifier was made with metallic cardstock that I inked up a bit.  The round layers were either punched or cut with a Martha Stewart circle cutter and the handle was shaped by my round punches along a straight piece.  For the lens, I added a circle cut from a sheet of plastic.
I added a tiny tag in the corner: it may have come from the packaging :)

1 comment:

Luciano Family said...

Even better than you described! Clean and colorful!