Monday, August 08, 2011

Botanical Bird and House Card


I'm finally back with a card designed for the Moxie Fab Fanatical About Botanical Challenge.  It's a "something old, something new" project.  I used my Cricut to cut a bird shape from cardboard and covered it with a botanical-pattern wallpaper that is several decades old.  The Cricut was also used to cut the house shape that I matted over a traced and hand cut folded card.  

The flowers at the bottom were stamped with a set of Rubber Stampede "Country Garden" stamps that I've had for many years.  The set would work very well with a stamp positioner to design a scene, but I simply cut out and layered each of the bouquets for a bit of dimension. 
The sentiment is another oldie, but goodie - Mini Mates by Stampin' Up; layered over a mini punched oval that I re-used from another card.  With other house shapes and other bird or butterfly shapes to choose from, I can see many variations on this theme.

1 comment:

Cath said...

Hey Cheryl! Thanks for linking this up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)