Sunday, February 05, 2012

Geometric Punch Card - Moxie Fab Punches Challenge


For my cousin Rich's birthday today, I came up with another design for The Punches Challenge at Moxie Fab World.  I created my own designer paper by using the punch tool seen below to form a pattern on a piece of graph paper.  Using graph paper made it easy to punch a geometric design without a lot of measuring and penciling.  After the holes were punched, I brayered fabric paint all over it.  The paint soaking unevenly into the lightweight paper gave it a bit of a suede texture, I think.  I printed the sentiment on my PC and cut it to fit the metal tag.

The punched paper was layered over two other designer papers, and the card was finished off with a little ring embellishment and a paper "ribbon" through the tag.   

[Edit - of course I realized later I had not linked my post to the Moxie Fab Challenge, so I was not really entered, but in my defense, I've been on "vacation mode" these past few weeks looking for a job and reorganizing my studio.]

No comments: