Sunday, April 01, 2012

Spring Take-Out

I haven't played along with a Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger for awhile, so here's a look at my entry before I run outside to go for my first (short) bike ride on the first day of April.  The colors of the inspiration photo below had me thinking of a piece of card-weight paper I'd just collected this week. 


I love how that worked out!  The curved panel in the middle is actually a Lee Ann Chin soft drink cup.  Without knowing anything about the Tuesday Trigger colors, I had dried and flattened the cup for later use.  The colors were perfect; I just added a coordinating top and bottom panel of designer paper (company unknown - the 4.5 x 6.5" paper pack).


Even the flower centers were cut from other sections of the cup, then backed with cardstock and finished with a brad in the center.
 

I printed the "fortune cookie" sentiment on my PC using a curved WordArt format, then cut it out by hand, following the curve. A friend who has a birthday later this month and who likes all things Asian-inspired will be the lucky recipient of this card.

1 comment:

Cath said...

Hey Cheryl! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)