Saturday, August 18, 2012

Fresh Mint and Fall On The Way

"Minty Fresh" is a wonderful name for the latest Moxie Fab World Challenge.  The hot weather has finally eased up here in Minneapolis (leaves have even begun to turn), and, as I like to tell people, I really feel alive again!  This morning, with the sun out and cool breezes coming into my studio, I made this gift bag and matching gift card set for the challenge, and used a sketch from the September/October issue of Papercrafts magazine.  


The 3 X 3 squares idea is one I've used many times, but the sketch included something different in the bottom corner.  So, I stamped an Anna Griffin butterfly all over the 9 scalloped squares of mint green cardstock that I had lined up in rows.  Then, I stamped another in navy, added glitter gel pen and cut out.  The single butterfly is adhered with mounting tape.


The 9 squares were adhered to a piece of upcycled paper bag and then to the gift bag.  The 3 X 3" gift card got the same treatment, with a stamped butterfly seemingly a shadow of the cut-out one.


I thought the design just needed a small jewel to be complete.


Later, I walked to the bank and then the farmers market, where I loaded up on fresh veggies for my salad tonight.  I finally passed by this little shop when they were open so that I could take a photo with the "junk" outside.  I haven't been inside yet, but it's a cute addition to the 50th and Xerxes antique shop area.  My only regret is that I never took a photo of the tiny building in its former life as a barber shop, complete with striped pole. 
  

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Pretty bag!

Lisa said...

Such a pretty bag...I vaguely remember where this shop might be; what a cute storefront.

Contagiously Crafty said...

Very nice gift set. The design is simple and effective. Nice job!

Cath said...

Hey Cheryl! Thanks for linking this up to the Minty Fresh Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)