Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring Chevron

Happy First day of Spring, everyone! Here in Minnesota, the snow is still thick on the ground and there's a wintery nip in the air, but the sun is shining stronger and warmer every day and the birds seem to be chirping a bit louder too. Today is also the 33rd anniversary of the day I moved into my house. So, I'm celebrating by taking a break from Spring cleaning and finishing a card I made for Moxie Fab World's Card Creations Week Chevron Challenge.

I was happy to use one of my new embossing folders: "zig zag" by Lifestyle Crafts. After I embossed and sanded the yellow cardstock, I embossed  and sanded three other colors and cut egg shapes out of them so that the chevrons would line up exactly when adhered (not as easy as it looks). 


The sentiment was stamped with an alphabet cling set by Recollections (found at Michael's stores). Since it wasn't possible to stamp before embossing, I tried to stamp as firmly as possible over the bumpy texture, then filled in the gaps with a pen.


1 comment:

Cath said...

Hey Cheryl! Thanks for linking this up to the Chevron Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)