Monday, March 25, 2013

Yee Haw! (is what we'll say when Spring finally arrives)

The March Gallery Challenge at Papercrafts Magazine is "Country Fresh".   Being a "city gal" in location and spirit, I don't have many country-themed stamps or papers, but I do have a little set of kids stamps that includes this western hat. I stamped it three times on white textured cardstock and cut them out, then added tiny flower embellishments. I found some checked- and denim-patterned paper for the background and added more flowers.


The sentiment was PC-printed.  The stamp set actually included this phrase, but it wasn't large enough for this card design. The hat closest to the top is attached with mounting tape. I added white cording around the edge.


[Edit: given to my friend, Vickie for her birthday in August]

No comments: