Saturday, April 20, 2013

Happy Year Of The Snake Card


2013 is the Chinese Year of the Snake.  My friend Joanne was born in that year (as were I and two of my cousins).  She always likes the Asian-themed cards I make for her each year, so when I went to Super Moon restaurant earlier this month, I picked up a Chinese-language newspaper to use on her card.  I started by stamping the giant chrysanthemum on watercolor paper and coloring it with a Faber-Castell marker.  Gold metallic ink was penned over that.  I cut out the flower, layered it over the newsprint and black/red handmade paper.   


I backed three postage stamps with black paper, attached them over a bit of gold sheer ribbon, and added "happy", a PTI diecut.  She called to say she really liked it and I have to admit it's one of my favorites too.   

No comments: