Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Giant Mixed Pattern Dahlia

One of my favorite things to do with paper or fabric is to mix patterns.  Over on the Moxie Fab World blog, The-Mixy-Matchy-Style-Challenge is starting, and it seems the perfect place to enter this card that I had made just recently for the current Gallery Idol contest.  All the cardstock is from the Shoreline collection by American Crafts.  I paper-pieced the Stampendous Jumbo Dahlia stamp with various patterns.


The petals of the flower were left loose for dimension. The sentiment on the tag is printed from my PC. I cut one of the suns from the background paper, glitter-pen embellished it and adhered it back in place.


[Edit: this was SIL Kim's birthday card - and she said she really liked it]

4 comments:

My Paper Epiphany said...

Well done on a great mix of patterns!

Joni-nina Andaya said...

Love the your color combo...its so happy :)

Linda Keating said...

What a beautiful card!

Cath said...

Hey Cheryl! Thanks for linking this up to the Mixy-Matchy Style Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)