Sunday, June 30, 2013

June Anniversary And Birthday

For my cousins L and J's 23rd anniversary this month, I adapted a mini card that I'd made earlier this year into a larger card.


I simply added some coordinating background paper and a piece of dry-embossed cardstock.


I left the mini card as the actual card with the larger card as an "easel" to hold it. The sentiment inside is one I found in a book of quotes:

Time Is

Too slow for those who wait
Too swift for those who fear
Too long for those who grieve
Too short for those who rejoice
But for those who Love
Time is Eternity


-         Henry Van Dyke


Their 6-year-old son had a birthday this month, so I made him the boy's version of this feminine card:


I used the same western hat stamp cut out three times, replacing the flowers with stars, and found some more masculine plaid patterns for the background.  


The rope detail, the base and the printed sentiment remained the same.



No comments: