Friday, June 14, 2013

Midnight At The Oasis

I was playing around with more patterns for a challenge at Moxie Fab World, and a card developed that fit the Tuesday Trigger Vintage Vagabond instead. 


For my second entry, I used the colors found in the Once Upon A Time mat stack by DCWV.  The elephant and umbrella are paper-pieced with four different patterns that (I think) have a vintage feeling.
    

The palm tree was simply stamped and filled in with marker.  Both stamps are by Recollections found in Michael's stores. The sentiment is a sticker.


And today, my mock-orange blossoms opened up. Last year was unseasonably warm, and for some reason, the bushes never produced any buds.  Oh, how I've missed that fragrance - it's the next best thing to my favorite Lily-of-the-valley.


4 comments:

artful-notions said...

You got the 'feel' of the challenge perfectly. Rich Fun colors and textures on your paper.

Fena said...

Oh this is fabulous!! love the sentiment and the colors you have put in!!

fun stamping said...

Such a fun interpretation of the trigger - very different from what everybody else did!

Cath said...

Hey Cheryl! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)