Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Moroccan Style

Color is really my thing when it comes to card design, but the image Cath provided for this week's Tuesday Trigger Challenge, was so striking that I just had to pull out my stash of black and white papers and play along.  The title of the challenge is Village Vagabond and reminds me of images I've seen of Morocco (one place I've never been, but would love to visit).



For my card, I punched and cut out some geometric-patterned artist papers, and a pattern from DCWV's Mademoiselle stack to layer over black cardstock. 


The sentiment, the leaf border and the tiny dots are metallic Magenta stickers.


8 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

Neat use of the patterns

Julia Aston said...

love all the elements you pulled from the inspiration for your great card!

artful-notions said...

Beautiful card. Love your interpretation and the details you created.

Kara said...

love it! very unique!

Cat Craig said...

Great take on the trigger.

Karen D said...

I love all the elements you have used. The black background brings them together beautifully.

Michele said...

Very cool card!

Cath said...

Hey Cheryl! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)