Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July Birthday Girls


You may recognize the "sketch" of this card. I'm still working on a series of cards that use either the same colors or the same layout. This is my favorite so far. The chipboard bird and heart came from a package I just found on clearance! The timing was perfect because they match the cardstock from an entirely different company.   


The cousin who will receive it turned 16 last week and I'm a bit late with this, so I found a special poem to put inside:


God give me joy in the common things:
In the dawn that lures, the eve that sings.

In the new grass sparkling after rain,
In the late wind’s wild and weird refrain;

In the springtime’s spacious field of gold,
In the precious light by winter doled.

God give me joy in the love of friends,
In their dear home talk as summer ends;

In the songs of children, unrestrained;
In the sober wisdom age has gained.

God give me joy in the tasks that press,
In the memories that burn and bless;

In the thought that life has love to spend,
In the faith that God’s at journey’s end.

God give me hope for each day that springs,
God give me joy in the common things!


- Thomas Curtis Clark


And this card goes to her sister who is also celebrating this month. The flowers are all punched out and the sentiment was PC-printed on vellum and then colored. The yellow frame was a die cut.


No comments: