Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tuesdays Around Town - Minnesota Landscape Arboretum

Last Friday, AJ and I went to the MN Landscape Arboretum. Neither of us had been there in years. We passed this natural sculpture along the entrance drive.
  

The Visitor Center is a good place to start. There are guide maps, restrooms, a gift shop, and a restaurant.


One of the first flowers I saw - as large as my hand - would be a great selection for my Fall garden.






I tried to take photos of signs whenever possible - for future reference.


The photo below represents what is called "bokeh", or blurred image. It wasn't intentional, but I love how the flower is crisply in focus against the unfocused background. It can be a nice artistic effect.


We walked around on our own...
















...then took a ride on the free circulator trolley along the three mile drive...




...past the new sculpture garden.




This color of coleus caught my eye: another selection for my all-yellow-orange-blue garden.






Our last bit of walking took us through the forest...


...and on to the Japanese garden.








This cabin (below) is the original building on the property that would become the Arboretum.

No comments: