Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tuesdays Around Town - Victoria, MN and Red Cow

Last Saturday, I took a little drive to Victoria, Minnesota to check out the 2-day Volkfest.  There were art and food booths, games like a dunk tank and bean bag toss, and an auction of Adirondack chairs.


The chairs were decorated by different artists.




These gorgeous tomatoes were actually painted on canvas attached to the chair back.  I watched the first few chairs being auctioned. A couple went for just $50, but several others brought in $250. I would have bid on one myself, but really had no way to get it home. Adirondacks are my favorite outdoor chair.


The town is on the Lake Minnetonka LRT Regional Trail,


Along Stieger Lake.


On Sunday, Craig and I tried the Red Cow restaurant in SW Minneapolis for the first time. Although it's a fine burger place, we ate light and split the ahi crisps and the hummus with housemade crackers and veggies. Both appetizers were excellent, as were the wine and beer.


No comments: