Thursday, March 06, 2014

Happy For Hexagons - Part 1

For those of you who don't already know, I went back to college in September and have had to neglect my blog ever since. But I've been taking the usual photos and will get caught up one of these days (probably this summer). I'm still trying to make cards for friends and family, and occasionally participate in an online challenge. This is the first of two cards I made for the Moxie Fab World Happy For Hexagons Challenge.
  
 
The hexagon background was pieced together from punches made in a single matstack to get the coordinating patterns. I printed the sentiment (using a free font from Papercrafts Magazine) on cardstock and matted it over vellum before adhering to the card. The matstack came with a peel-off sticky backing, which made the whole process a lot easier.

 
I decided to add a few faux rhinestones. This will go out - LATE - to some wonderful cousins (you know who you are!)

No comments: