Saturday, August 29, 2015

Two Birthdays and A Retirement

This weekend, two friends/family had birthdays and one of them also retired, so I found some inspiration online and made these two cards.
 
 
The outside of this card is super-simple with just a printed sentiment and 5 punched butterflies adhered together at the wing edges.

 
I decided on the outside after designing the inside with Cricut-cut butterflies.

 
The inside was inspired by the card shown below by "ruby-heartedmom" at Splitcoaststampers.
 
 
And here is the birthday/retirement cake...and the recipient.

 

 
My next card was inspired by this beautiful design by Vicky Papaioannou (see her website on the photo).
 


 
I think I made my design a little more complicated (unintentionally), by winding the floss around the feathers and threading the beads rather than just gluing them on, but I am very happy with the result. The cloud-print paper was embossed on my Big Shot. The feathers and lacy disc were die cut and embossed with the same machine. I believe the feathers are by Spellbinder.

 
The feathers were also shaded with a bit of inkpad. I added a jewel to the dreamcatcher center and vellum to the back and also printed my sentiment on vellum.

No comments: